Applying for a loan
A simple step-by-step guide explaining how to apply for a loan with Neyber.
Choose the right Neyber loan for you depending on your personal circumstances and needs
Tell us a few details about yourself including any outstanding debts you may have
Our team will look at the information you provide and aim to get back to you within 48 hours
What you need to know
Before you apply for your loan please have the following information handy
- Details of any credit cards, store cards, existing loans, HP agreements, overdrafts, mail order accounts or other short term finance.
- Where you’ve lived over the past 3 years
- Details of your employment including your employee number, salary and start date
The information you provide will help us confirm your identify and understand your financial situation so we can make a decision on your loan application.
When you initially apply for a loan we’ll do a ‘soft credit check’ or a ‘quotation search’. This means that we’ll take a look at your credit report and although you’ll be able to see that we’ve done this search, other lenders won’t be able to. This may help you in the future if you want to apply for further credit. A soft credit search has no impact on your credit score.
If you’re ineligible for one of our loans (see eligibility criteria below) then we’ll do no further searches on your credit file. You’re welcome to apply for another Neyber loan after six months and in the meantime why not visit our Financial Wellbeing hub where you’ll find plenty of financial education and simple-to-use calculators and tools.
If you’re eligible for a loan then we’ll do a full examination of your credit report and will let you know whether your application has been successful within 48 hours. We may require you to submit further information to help us make a decision on your application.
If your application was unsuccessful, you’ll be welcome to apply again in another 6 months.
To be able to apply for one of our loans you must satisfy the following criteria:
- You are aged 21 or over;
- Your annual gross income is greater than the minimum wage (£13,500);
- You have had a permanent contract with your current employer for a minimum of 6 months;
- You aren't currently serving your probation or notice period;
- You have not been registered as insolvent in the last 6 years;
- You have not entered into an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA) or a debt management programme within the last 6 years;
- You are borrowing for your personal needs and not for business purposes, towards the purchase of a property or speculative investment;
Any variance to these terms will be made available to you at the start of the application journey.
Any questions? Check out our FAQs for more information or call to speak to one of our friendly advisors
Get in touch
Got questions or need more information? Feel free to get in touch with us.
We're open Monday - Thursday 9am to 6pm, Friday 9am to 5pm. We are closed at weekends and on Bank Holidays. Call charges may vary.
Calls may be monitored or recorded for training or quality purposes.
Please note, we are not able to take applications by phone.
0800 820 3103
0203 744 0552
Financial wellbeing team: email@example.com
Support team: firstname.lastname@example.org